Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What does openMosixLOAF mean?
- A: openMosixLOAF stands for "openMosix Linux On
- Q: What is it?
- A: It's a floppy-based openMosix mini Linux distribution created
to easily or temporarily add Nodes to an openMosix cluster.
- Q: What is it aimed towards?
- A: Basically pure simplicity. Whether you want to temporarily
add Nodes on the go or cheaply run diskless Nodes and reduce network
overhead, openMosixLOAF is for you.
- Q: How does it work?
- A: Just pop the openMosixLOAF floppy into a 3.25" floppy
drive and boot up the system. Currently the alpha release requires
entering in an openMosix configuration, but it will all change
to dynamic configuration in the next release.